GoAutoMedia - About Us
GoAutoMedia supplies some of Australia's most prominent print and online publications with automotive industry and consumer news, independent editorial reviews of new and used vehicles, information on all new model releases and anticipated new models, and detailed images and data on hundreds of new and used vehicles.
Suite 1, 77 Beach Road, Sandringham
Victoria 3191 AUSTRALIA
Phone: 61 3 9598 6477
Fax: 61 3 9521 0264
Originally founded in 1979 by its proprietor John Mellor - a leading and widely-respected motor industry writer, analyst and commentator - GoAutoMedia, draws on a team of leading Australian motoring editors, journalists, graphic artists, designers and sub-editors.
Using leading edge technology for automotive page design and content delivery for consumer Web sites, GoAutoMedia produces:
- GoAutoNews - The automotive industry's leading newsletter, published weekly and distributed electronically around the world to car company executives, dealership personnel and executives in support industries.
- GoAuto.com.au - The GoAuto website is a popular destination for car buyers researching their next purchase.
- GoAutoWords - GoAutoWords automatically adds new model news coverage from John Mellor’s GoAuto Newsroom directly into dealership websites
- Philips Motor Monthly Magazine - A monthly car enthusiast magazine that has up to the minute new model releases, the latest show cars and concept designs, car reviews and much more.
- John Mellor’s GoAutoProfessional – returning soon. The place for car industry professionals to keep on top of the issues that impact on their careers. Contains both free and subscription content.
John Mellor is not so much a car enthusiast as a car business enthusiast.
In a 43-year career as a publisher, writer, commentator, innovator and analyst, John maintains the editorial direction of the GoAuto editorial team which produces Australia’s leading motor industry publication – GoAutoNews and the leading independent consumer web site – goauto.com.au.
Mellor’s career spans four decades starting as a cadet at the Melbourne Herald in the 1960s and includes an appointment as a feature writer for The Sun in London.
In the 1970s, he was a motoring writer and feature writer on The Herald before moving to Motor Manual magazine as editor. In the 1980s he started his own motoring editorial service to other publishers as well as his own publishing ventures and worked closely with the industry consulting group, Martec, and with the leading motor industry newsletter, Automotive Industry Matters (AIM).
John founded the Automotive Business section in The Australian newspaper in 1990 and a joint business enterprise with News Limited and was its producer and editorial director until 1998 when his motoring newsroom team was appointed to produce the automotive content for the Yellow Pages website.
GoAuto Online and GoAutoNews were launched soon after.
In the 1990s he was the driving force behind the production of Australia's premier motor industry seminars - the GoAuto Business Briefings and since 2002 John used the Briefings format as a keynote speaker at industry forums, conferences management briefings.
John’s research for his commentary pieces and for his public speaking engagements give him access to the world’s leading car industry executives. Each year he interviews the managements of the most innovative car companies, car dealers and dealer groups to bring intelligence back to the key players in the Australian motor industry.
He is highly respected for his knowledge about the significant changes taking place in the way cars are sold.
John is passionate about the car business and is a strong admirer of the men and women who deliver the complex matrix of services to the motoring public.
For media enquires relating to automotive industry commentary and for enquiries about speaking engagements please email: or call (03) 9598-6477 or 0425 701 006